Some of my opinion on the World’s most powerful people
Some of my opinion on the World’s most powerful people –Hu ranks 2ed and Brin & Page ranks 5th The list is give by Forbes.com <#View the List#>. I am so curious that Sergey Brin and Larry Page, the two founders of famous Internet Company Google which is famous for its search engine and its logos "do no evil". The author the list says that "If knowledge is power, that information is too", so maybe that’s the reason of their being 5th. Let’s quote the description of they two (from Yahoo! Finance):
5. Sergey Brin and Larry Page
© AP Photo/Paul Sakuma
- If knowledge is power, maybe information is too. Brainy duo met in Stanford computer science Ph.D. program, now trying to put all the world’s information at your fingertips.
- Known for collecting best and brightest young tech talent at Mountain View, Calif., "Googleplex"; employees encouraged to spend one day a week on personal projects; company often named "Best Place To Work" in America.
- Google guys’ combined net worth of $30.6 billion would place them third on the Forbes 400.
- Yet despite professed intentions to "do no evil," Google is blamed in some quarters for decimating traditional publishing, journalism. Brin: "Some say Google is God, others say Google is Satan."
However , I am not happy with the list because another description, which is for our Chinese leader, Mr Hu. I’d like quote the description here first:
2. Hu Jintao
© John Moore/Getty Images
- Paramount political leader of more people than anyone else on the planet; 1.3 billion Chinese, some 70% in their prime working years of ages 15 to 64 powering world’s low-cost workshop, transforming nation.
- Biggest buyer of U.S. debt avoided Chinese meltdown during financial crisis with massive stimulus package to encourage domestic spending.
- "Coming-out party" at 2008 Beijing Olympic Games showcased young, modern, harmonious society; reality often quite different — few political, religious, press freedoms; brutal suppression of Tibet; refusal to acknowledge Taiwanese independence.
- Still, credible estimates have China poised to overtake U.S. as world’s largest economy in 25 years — although, crucially, not on a per-capita basis.
I have not different opinion of his rank 2ed, but the description :"brutal suppression of Tibet; refusal to acknowledge Taiwanese independence", well, the American people can have the idea the Tibet or Taiwan is a independent country, maybe they are free to think about everything and speak out their idea. But however the Forbes can’t as a media. I protest their irresponsible expression, especially for their spitting all these erroneous expression of opinion out all over the world.
Comments are closed.